Tokyo ON In the Mix: Tokyo Wandering vol.3
Maction Planet Radio returns with another eclectic mix inspired by Cherry Blossoms!
For this edition of Tokyo Wandering, Tokyo ON host and Maction Planet Resident DJ Royce Leong has put together another fine selection of downtempo Japanese hip-hop tracks featuring maco marets, illmore, chelmico, EVISBEATS, STUTS and more. Inspired by the transient nature of the sakura bloom, this mix is designed for contemplating your existence while enjoying the beauty of Tokyo in spring. We continue…
- Hum! – maco marets
- Switch – BASI
- 蛍 feat. Itto – EVISBEATS
- supermarket – TOKYO HEALTH CLUB
- UFO – chelmico
- meant 2 be feat. tubakii – KIKUMARU
- 朝を待つ – Sweet William and Jinmenusagi
- 春風 feat. OMSB – NORIKIYO
- Nonfiction feat. JIVA Nel MONDO & kiki vivi lily – illmore
- Changes (feat. JJJ) – STUTS
Listen to ‘Tokyo ON In The Mix: Tokyo Wandering Vol.3 here and check out the Tokyo ON website, tokyophonic.com
Speaking of Sakura, you have one more week to go to grab tickets for the Maction Planet x Shochu Pro Hanami 2019. We are collaborating once again with Baird Beer and shochu expert Chris Pellegrini to hold an exclusive cherry blossom party in Yoyogi Park on Sunday 31 March 2019. You can get yourself in the mood for Hanami 2019 by watching this incredible video of Hanami 2017. More info can be found here and tickets are available for purchase here.
Our tour guests, listeners to Maction Planet Radio and readers of our blog know that one of our many goals is to open up Tokyo’s diverse music culture to visitors. This can be difficult to crack due to the language barrier and the sheer breadth and depth of the scene. Concerts, gigs, club nights across every conceivable genre, homegrown, traditional, modern and internationally-influenced… the variety is outstanding. In most cases there is no English-language information available for these amazing events, and that is where we can help.
We run Tokyo Music Tours, which we brand “Maction Planet Radio Tours”, introducing people to the varied range of music in this amazing city. Like everything we do, your Tokyo Music Tour can be fully customised around the rest of your time touring The World’s Greatest Metropolis.
Some examples include:
- Cherry Blossom viewing followed by an amazing gig from Tokyo Discotheque Orchestra.
- Craft beer, the legacy of the zaibatsu, a cloudy architecture tour from on high, amazing ramen and thumping house music… all in one four hour tour of Tokyo.
- Hotel Koe’s opening party – only 80 premium tickets available – attended after an 8-hour tour of the ins and outs of the western Tokyo.
Whatever your interests, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us help you have a truly unique time in The World’s Greatest Metropolis.